Saturday 12 April 2014

105mm Gun Motor Cartridge T95

Hey Internet,

Just a little progress in my Savage Worlds: Kaiju Project this weekend - a pair of heavy tanks.

photo IMG_3809_zps95c16c96.png

The models are American T95 tanks from GHQ's 'what if' WWII range. You only get two in the pack rather than the five that you regularly get in a pack, making them really rather expensive. They are really nice though, being superbly detailed and cast. They are quite a size too - about an inch wide, half and inch tall and two inches long.

They are going into service as mobile Anti-Kaiju guns, as part of the Japanese Self-Defence Force. As such, I've painted them up in the same scheme as my other UN/JSDF tanks. I'm quite happy with how they have come out, although they look a bit crummy in the photographs, but that's just because I'm really bad with a camera.

photo IMG_3800_zps26a10316.png

They are real tanks, by the way;

"The Super Heavy Tank T28 (at one point and sometimes called 105 mm Gun Motor Carriage T95) was a prototype heavily armored tank destroyer designed for the United States Army during World War II. It was originally designed to be used to break through German defenses at the Siegfried Line, and was later considered as a possible participant in an invasion of the Japanese mainland. Sometimes referred to as a super-heavy tank, the T28 was re-designated as the 105 mm Gun Motor Carriage T95 in 1945 and then renamed a super heavy tank in 1946 as the Super Heavy Tank T28."
- Extract from This Wikipedia entry.

photo 800px-T28_Front_Quarter_zps3da172b4.jpg

The Lead Tally - 2014

Acquired: +31       Painted: +4          Total: -27

No comments:

Post a Comment